1. Remove all clutter from the house.
- Are countertops free and clear?
- Have you removed unnecessary furniture throughout the house?
- Is the art gallery and coupon collection removed from the refrigerator?
2. Check the bathrooms.
- Are the surfaces clean and clear?
- Are shower curtains and doors hung properly?
- Is the flooring clean and fresh?
- Are towels neatly hung?
3. Check the walls.
- Is paint and wallpaper fresh and clean?
- Are the walls free from holes?
- Are there any colors or objects on the walls that need to be removed?
4. Check the floors.
- Is the carpet clean and free from stains?
- Are hard surface floors clean and free from stains?
5. Check windows and window coverings.
- Are all the windows clean?
- Are draperies and blinds clean?
6. Pet check.
- Are there any signs that this is a pet's home? Be sure to clean and remove kitty litter, pet toys and bedding.
7. How's the aroma?
Try to air out the home prior to showings.
- If air freshener is necessary, use well before showings as a consideration to those with allergies.
8. Set the mood prior to showings.
- Open draperies and blinds.
- Turn on the radio to a classical music station, set the volume on low.
- If you have time, cook a batch of cookies to have the warm, welcoming aroma permeating the home.